Saturday, November 22, 2014

What is the affinity we have for sports?

Why do we watch sports? Is it a design to distract us from current events that we as a society should pay attention to? Or is simply the joy of seeing incredible feats of athleticism?
Personally I don't care, I enjoy the strange beast that makes me drink like I have an invincible liver, and watch until the final moments to make sure that the magic either happens or doesn't for some team that seems too beaten to come back actually does find that moment of glory. In the end you either love or hate sports, and if you know the love you may lose relationships due to the overall awesomeness of sports as a whole. In these days where people are not letting their children play football, and possibly the death of one the most entertaining games that is played in our day and age, but why worry about the continuation of a wonderful sport when we must bow to the might of human safety. Isn't this the same species that is completely destroying the earth due to overpopulation and extreme pollution to the environment. Please tell me how we should protect this virus with shoes, it's like we believe humans are the most precious resource on this planet, I wish I could understand the compassion of true buddhists but I have quite a cynical view towards humanity. It's okay because I will enjoy American Football until the possible end of this wonderful sport and hope that one day the brutal hypocrisy of humanity will take a bit of a rest so I can enjoy all my addictions, including sports and whatever else can kill me and other humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment