Wednesday, January 7, 2015

I am Charlie

I know it's not sports related, but when Arabs claiming to be Al-Qaida run into a magazine office with Kalashnikov's and a rocket launcher in the city you live in sometimes it can change what you write about. 12 are dead, 11 injured with 4 in critical condition and the town has little Grand Theft Auto edge to it that hasn't been felt in quite a while for this usually quite peaceful city, the city of lights certainly got some unsuspected fireworks today actually not too far from where I work. It's a sad day for journalism when satirical magazines get violently attacked, and it does nothing to help the perception of Arabs in Paris who actually are here to be productive members of this society. It certainly makes me a bit uneasy as the get away car was dumped in my neighborhood where they stole another vehicle to complete their escape from Paris I am assuming. There will be of course a vigil, it being Paris after all, and I certainly hope it doesn't interfere with my metro ride back to work, that's all for now. Panda Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment